Recruitment Matching Grants
Virginia Tech’s Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost is pleased to invite proposals for Virginia Tech Recruitment Matching Grants.
The Recruitment Matching Grant is designed to support faculty recruitment efforts through building or expanding connections between Virginia Tech and outstanding scholars from other institutions who are historically underrepresented in their disciplines. Financial support is available for creative and innovative recruitment activities to attract early- to mid-career professionals to Virginia Tech outside the usual search process.
Proposals are accepted at any time during the academic year; about ten awards will be made each year. Approximately 10 awards are anticipated each year.
Examples of activities that could be supported through this matching grant include:
Hosting a visiting scholar at Virginia Tech to present an overview of their research to a broad audience of the university community or to an informal networking meeting with faculty, postdoctoral researchers, and/or graduate students.
Hosting a reception for underrepresented scholars at a national conference.
Attendance by current faculty members at a conference for the express purpose of networking for future recruitment purposes.
The program is especially interested in supporting visits by individuals who:
- Are potential candidates for future faculty hires and
- Contribute to increasing excellence, equity, and diversity at Virginia Tech.
Academic units or faculty that wish to participate in the Recruitment Matching Grant program should submit an informal letter proposal including the following information:
- A brief profile of the proposed visitor, preferably including a short vita (1 -2 pages),
- A brief description of how the proposed visit will contribute to faculty recruitment efforts,
- A brief summary of how the proposed visit will support creating and sustaining a more diverse and inclusive community at Virginia Tech,
- A budget for the visit, and
- An endorsement from the department head/chair.
Questions? For more information or to submit a proposal, please contact Peggy Layne.