The National Science Foundation requires all ADVANCE Institutional Transformation grant recipients to report on 12 indicators of progress:
1. Number and percent of women faculty in science and engineering by department.
2. Number and percent of women in tenure-line positions by rank and department.
3. Tenure and promotion outcomes by gender.
4. Years in rank by gender.
5. Time at institution and attrition by gender.
6. Number of women in science and engineering who are in non-tenure-line positions, both teaching and research.
7. Number and percent of women scientists and engineers in administrative positions.
8. Number of women science and engineering faculty in endowed or named chairs.
9. Number and percent of women science and engineering faculty on promotion and tenure committees.
10. Salary of science and engineering faculty by gender, controlling for department, rank, and years in rank.
11. Space allocation of science and engineering faculty by gender, with additional controls as appropriate.
12. Start-up packages of newly hired science and engineering faculty by gender, with additional controls as appropriate.
AdvanceVT collected and reported these data in annual reports to NSF during the grant period, and continues to track these indicators as well as other information, such as use of faculty work/life policies, and reports to the university community at the annual Advancing Diversity at Virginia Tech workshop, newsletters, and presentations.